1.. "I love Cork so much that if I caught one of their hurlers in bed with my missus, I'd tiptoe downstairs and make him a cup of tea"- Joe Lynch, actor.
2. "We've won one All-Ireland in a row" -- Wexford Fan in 1996.
3. "The toughest match I ever heard off was the 1935 All-Ireland Semi-Final. After 6 minutes, the ball ricocheted off a post and went into the stand. The pulling continued relentlessly and it was 22 minutes before any of the players noticed the ball was missing" - Michael Smith.
4. "Sylvie Linnane would start a riot in a graveyard" -- Tipp fan
5. "I'm not giving away any secrets like that to Tipperary. If I had my way,I wouldn't even tell them the time of the throw-in" - Ger Loughnane.
6. "He's like Lazarus; but Lazarus didn't have such a sweet right boot" -Micheal O' Muircheartaigh on Colin Corkery.
7. "Whenever a team loses, there's always a row at half time but when they win, it's an inspirational speech"
--John O' Mahony.
8. "There are 2 things in Ireland that would drive you to drink. GAA referees would drive you to drink, and the price of drink would drive you to drink" -- Sligo Fan after 2002 Connacht final.
9. "The wheel fell off my mobile home" -- Offaly's Eugene McGee explains why he was late for training.
10. "When my friends were besotted with Jason Donovan, my heroes were Colm O'Rourke and Barney Rock" -- Sue Ramsbottom (Laois Ladies Captain).
11. 'We're taking this match awful seriously. We're training three times a week now, and some of the boys are off the beer since Tuesday' -Offaly hurler quote in the week before a Leinster hurling final vs. Kilkenny
12. 'Ger Loughnane was fair, he treated us all the same during training-like dogs' - anonymous Clare hurler
13. 'Any chance of an autograph? Its for the wife....she really hates you' -Tipp fan to Ger Loughnan
14. 'You can't win derbies with donkeys' - Babs Keating before Tipp played Cork in 1990
15. 'Sheep in a heap' - Babs Keating description of Offaly in 1998.
16. 'Babs Keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'
- Offaly fan in 1998
17. 'And as for you. You're not even good enough to play for this shower of useless no-hopers' - Former Clare mentor to one of his subs after a heavy defeat
18. 'Babs Keating was arrested in Nenagh for shaking a cigarette machine,but the gardai let him off when he said he only wanted to borrow twenty players' - Waterford fan after 2002 Munster final
19. 'They have a forward line that couldn't punch holes in a paper bag'- Pat Spillane on the Cavan football team
20. 'Meath players like to get their retaliation in first' –Cork fan 1988
21. 'Meath make football a colourful game-you get all black and blue' - another Cork fan 1988
22. 'Colin Corkery is deceptive. He is slower than he looks' - Kerry fan
23. 'Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months' –
Kerry player during league campaign 1980s